Thoughts and dolls From Becky.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

April 28th - Bye-bye April - Hello May!

Been a while since I last posted. Last weekend just wasn't in the mood. ( I warned you all that this may happen)

We're finally getting spring-like weather in New York. I love it this time of the year. The Cherry blossoms are blooming, the skies are blue and all you have to wear is a light jacket / sweater. And if you're lucky.... sandals! Been looking for spring colored sandals; most of mine are either black or brown. Everywhere I go all I can find are high heeled sandals. Finally went to eBay and bought some nice Ecco sandals for just $30!!! What a bargain! Also bought some nice green sandals. Even Mom's getting in the act and placed a bid on a pair of Clarks. Gotta Love eBay! ( at least for buying.... selling is another story! Not had much luck in that department)

Let's see... what's been going on with me in the last 2 weeks? Went to another farewell party for Emmanuelle and Steven Winter. I enjoyed it much more that the other one, as I knew people at this one. Bertrand was there! Haven't seen him since I left Nouvelles Frontieres! (or was it since he left.... I think he left first) He's gained a few pounds and shortened his hair since we last saw each other, but he's still the same person I remember. Very "French"! We had the little shin-dig at "HURLEY'S", located in the Theatre District. Nice bar/restaurant; very casual. I've posted the pictures here if you'd like to see them:

Winter farewell

The tram got stuck last week. THANK GOD I wasn't on it! If it happened a half hour later I would have been! 5 1/2 hours it took to START rescuing passengers ( 47 + 1 on one car / 12 + 1 on the other) I have no idea how I would have managed. I am so afraid of heights. I'm fine inside the tram: it's enclosed and has a solid bottom. But when it would come time to climb out the window, up a make-shift ladder - onto a metal cage.... I think I would have freaked! I initially thought people had to climb up the ladder - onto the roof and onto the cage..... I just shiver at the thought. I wonder about David, a friend of mine that is one of the tram operator: I haven't heard if he was one of the one's trapped onboard. He might have lucked out, as it happened during his dinner break. Poor guys unemployed now that the Tram's not working.

Sunday marks my 3 month anniversary at Focus Travel! I am to have an evaluation meeting with Andi on Monday at Starbucks. I'm sure everything will be fine. She'll probably tell me to be careful and double check my work, as I had been making stupid typing error with the tour schedules for a bit. I realized why I was doing it and rectified the problem. But my stomach still went in knots when I was told about the meeting. I still keep doubting myself: more self confident issues I guess. Why do I doubt myself a lot? Why do I lack confidence in myself? Where does this come from? I tell myself it stems from my experiences in Elementary school. But is that true? I'm 41 years old and I feel I have no live because of my shyness / lack of confidence...Etc. I thought I'd out grow it with age; and from time to time I feel I have, but then other times... I'm right back again! Sigh.

Anyway......

Took a picture for Dad to use for his passport:

Such a serious looking person! He didn't want to smile.







Well folks! I think that's about it for now. Can't think of anything to say. I probably forgot something...

Have a great weekend!

Bisous! (Kisses!)

B

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helllooooo !!! Just discovered your blog, love it! love it! love it! Just a quick question: what do you mean by "very french?", hum....watch out what you're gonna answer....walking on eggshells there.... :)
Keep the good blog! bisous Corentin

4:18 AM

 
Blogger tester said...

well..... Um..... In "very French" I meant..... um...... funny, expressive, thick accent...... um...... am I safe?

Hi Corey!!!!!! Welcome to my blog! Merci for visiting and commenting. Did you see the pics from Manu's farewell party?

11:56 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

OK, so you're gonna post every now and then, as well it may be. Yup this is the best time, I mean NOW! But spring has that special quality the smells, the colors, people's dispositions. I'm glad you didn't get stuck on the tram, for that matter I'm glad I didn't get stuck, I would have been waiting for spiderman and dr. octopus to be battling over me. Focus on your focus, you are fine. Hey, Becks, I'd love it for you to visit my blog sometime ... like ...NOW. just click on my pic and... voila, you'll be there...maybe leave a comm. Hmmm, I learned to say I love you in Thai, acu cinta kamu. Ciao, rob

1:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home