Thoughts and dolls From Becky.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Day 1 - April 9, 2006

Well hello!

Duchess inspire me to start blogging! Let's see if I can keep this up. I've always been terrible keeping up a journal. I even failed acting class (Yes, I was forced to take an acting class in college) because I kept forgetting to write one: a mandatory assignment for this class. (Shame on me! I Know!)

I've always been one to keep my emotions / feeling inside. Even privately, in a journal. So here, I'm going to attempt to let as much as possible out.... in public via a Blog! I'm not going to make any promises. I'll take it one entry at a time. I think that's the best way to do this. So Let's begin........

Right now. I'm listening to my iPod via my stereo: Using iTrip. Right now Marc Broussard is playing. He's a wonderful country / soul singer. He has this one song called "Home" That is wonderful. I love blasting it and banging my feet and clapping to it when it plays. It's a great driving tune.... that is, if I drove! Another artist I highly recommend is KT Tunstall. I first heard her on The Ellen Show. She sung this song called "
Black Horse & The Cherry Trees". That was absolutely amazing. She played all the music and background vocals herself! Not pre-recorded, but my using this echo machine! Twas truly amazing to watch and hear! Go here and listen to this song: Black Horse & The Cherry Trees

It's Sunday - It's been a lazy day for me so far. I've finished straightening up the apartment before the folks get back from St Louis. Watched Sunday Morning On CBS this morning, ate some breakfast, made coffee (Iced!) and now starting this journal. Tilly's at my window washing herself and looking up at me. I've discovered she does not like being alone. Poor thing is used to someone being with her all day. Now that I'm finally working again and the folks are away, she doesn't leave me alone. She follows me wherever I go. Meow's loudly if she discovers I'm not in the same room as her and wants lots of lap time! I'm appreciating every moment of this, as she's not this attentive with me normally. Lap time is with Mom or dad, not me. Most of the time is spent running away from me. (I think I over-love her at times). Can you believe she will be 10 years old this year? Wow!






Took this pic of her a few months ago. Very artsy! Even made a necklace for Mom with this image. I love the lighting and the long shadow!

Yeah! I'm finally employed! I thank God every day. I was nearly on my last dollar before this came my way. There was no way I was going to ask for money from the folks again: they had already been hit up by other family members. I found it through an ex co-worker. I truly believe God had a hand at this! I had emailed her at her private email address; asking for help, as everything I was doing was not working. Every resume sent got no reply. Very frustrating and stressful. She called me the next day. Not because she read my email. She told me she never reads her emails.... But because she wanted to know how I was and to tell me there was a job opening at her place. It's not where I'm employed at now. She also learned, right after she hung up with me, that her Sister's job needed someone. It worked out that that was a better fit for me. The Company's name is FOCUS TRAVEL. They deal with British /Irish / Portuguese and Greek clients. I work in the group department operating student groups coming into the United States. I'm doing everything I did at Nouvelles Frontieres. Everyone is wonderful! I work with a bunch of crazy people so I fit right in. The boss, John Martin is great to work for. I'm very happy. Pay is good and great benefits. He even give all employees a monthly metro card so that saves me $80 a month! The end of April with be my third month and I'll start getting my Health benefits! Yeah! Gotta find a Dermatologist as my Rosacea has returned. (Was diagnosed with this about 20 years ago. Seemed to have gone away but has now returned again) My poor face is always red. Had to buy blush to match the redness to even up my face.

Haven't made another dolls since I've went back to work. Have to update my website with the latest dolls.







These are my latest ones. The one with the bandana is Steve. I bought a motorcycle for him, but it's too small. Looks like a child's pretend bike when he's on it.





















The female one started off being male. For some reason I discovered that when I create faces with Polymer Clay, they turn out male. When I create them with cloth, they turn out female. Odd! When I was working on this face, I purposely forced it to be female. Personally I think the final product turned out female, but can also be a transvestite. I paired her with Virgil, who I also think can be a gay men. If you notice, I made a t-shirt with Virgil's face for her. I haven't named her yet. If you have any
suggestions, I'd love the help.

Mom started needle felting faces. Her first one came out great! She got me hooked and have made 3 heads so far. As soon as the camera battery charges, I'll take pictures and share them with you. She's made more whilst in St Louis: can't wait to see them! I love learning new mediums in doll making!

My poor computer (iMac G3) is on it's last legs. I got blue specs all over my monitor. They turn red when they have a dark background. Thanks to Chris, he told me a friend of his (and David) was selling his iMac G4 for a good price. Called him up and am buying it for only $500. Too bad I can't give this one to dad. He's still using a 6200 Performa! But he doesn't use it that much. Just for writing and some banking!. Told Doug ( the person I bought the computer from) to ship it on Friday. It's due to arrive on Thursday! Woohoo! Will spend most of the weekend transferring my stuff onto the new computer.

Wow, it's 4:30 already. I've been writing for an hour and a half! How about that for a first entry?!??! I'm sure I won't be writing every day. Will try to write an entry once a week. So check back.

Love to one and all. Thank you for being part of my life!

Hugs & Kisses!

Becky


4 Comments:

Blogger Lady of the Latte said...

Hey Sis!
Who says you can't blog or journal??
Cool!
Now I have to learn how to upload pictures the way you do. It really adds something.

Tilly can't be 10???? how is that possible? Besides, she looks so kittenesque in that photo.

So glad that yu are enjoying your new work and love the way it came to you.

Sammy the WonderDog says hello.

Love,
DD

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Way to go Beck. This is a great way to keep in touch and display to your heart's content your heart's contents. Post whenever you feel like, don't let it become a chore, have fun. This is Becky's assignment for herself, you should do much better than in the assigned by others dept. Talk about yourself, deep if you like, or your art, your family, your cat ... don't terrorize her as much as Ziggy, who is now a stately 17. Kudos on the job!!! You are good at what you do, it's nice for others to notice. Cool dolls, very life-like, lotsawork I'm sure. but they're yours. Ah, this got longer than I thought so let me wish you an eye-opening, stargazing, friend finding and meeting experience. Add me to your list of friends, let me add yo to mine, visit me someday at http://bobnewmansplace.blogspot.com/

1:14 AM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Oh, btw, it's good to comment on your comments so people see you check your blog for comments. Blog on, rob
PS Hi to folks... HI!

1:18 AM

 
Blogger tester said...

Wow, I got comments! I stay away from my computer for a bit and suddenly I have comments!

COO-WELL!

Now, Robbie, you confused me.... I saw your comment and I couldn't figure out who "Rob" was..... Sounded friendly enough, but was thought you were a stranger! LOL! Sorry.

Thanks Duchess and Rob(bie) for reading and commenting. Means a lot to me.

Love you both!

Hugs & kisses!

Becky

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home